bloom photography

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Make-up and Orphans.

Make-up and Orphans is like peanut butter and jelly, right? Not so much. Let me explain...


I have dabbled in Make-up artistry a bit in the last 6 years and at one time had the notion that I would go big or go home with it....I definately went home....or so I thought...my definition of a successful make-up artist was being with an agency, working on movie set, getting a magazine cover and doing alot of other things than your friends make-up and weddings...dont get me wrong, I LOVED and still Love to do friends make-up...It is such a joy and a gift I can give freely....I am simply trying to define a misconception I had at the time. Fastforward to present.  I was never a " successful" make-up artist according to my defintion at the time, thank goodness!  I instead birthed my children, became a mommy and a friend with a skill that could lend itself from time to time to those in my life. I sense have been able to be apart of some of the most rewarding causes because of this "love of make-up" i have...and been able to develop a bit of a knack for it...I do get rusty from time to time...and that my friends, is what You tube videos are for!

About a month ago, a friend by the name of Jessica Honnegar ,who I had the pleasure of meeting through one of if my most favorite people on the planet, Melissa Navarro, asked me to do the make-up for their Noonday Collection Lookbook for the Fall.  (this is where the orphans come in)   I had had the opportunity to work with Noonday last spring doing make-up for their Spring shoot.  It was pure joy so I of course said YES once again!  Noonday Collection was created by Jessica after a trip to Africa.  It is a fair trade company that provides a way for artisans to sell their goods in the United States and to raise money for adoptions and future adoptions...I mean seriously...who could say no?

 Here are a few pictures from the shoot at Haddington's on 6th street in downtown Austin, Texas.  The model , Katie Turpin, could not have been cuter....she was truly a beauty inside and out!

Photography by Kate Stafford

Photography by Kate Stafford

Haydn: this necklace loves me.

She's alright.

I have since been able to redefine success...thank goodness.  The reward that comes from being able to use , what feels like a very superficial talent, to better a little life out there brings tears to my eyes....(good thing I'm wearing waterproof mascara) ha!  Make-up is such a ridiculously small part of this.  Im simply communicating the joy that comes from being an extremely small part of a very big picture...not THE big picture....I think that just might be success for me.

I love Jessica's inspiration of Noonday Collection....
" ...when you satisfy the needs of the oppressed your night will become like the noonday..." Isaiah 58:10

Check out Noonday Collection's Fall Lookbook ! Fabulous jewelry and accessories for an even more fabulous cause!

More sincere than sarcastic today,
Tiffany

4 comments:

  1. She's probably really hideous without your mad makeup skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is good. real good. awesome, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your vulnerability, wit and the reminder. Thank you...sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good stuff sis...you absorbed all the fierce rhetoric from the womb...I did not..nor did I absorb the ability to spell and along with that the desire to execute spell check. XOXO

    ReplyDelete